I have a Motorola cell phone and bought eSecuritel insurance. I had a software issue and brought it ti the Verizon store. They tried to fix it, to no avail. The Verizon rep, then called eSecuritel and they informed him the insurance for full coverage expired the day before, which it did based on paperwork. They wanted $144 for a phone and shipping.

Considering it was a software issue, we pleaded our case, to no avail. The Verizon rep., wisely recommended I call Motorola. I did and within a 2 min. phone call I was being sent a phone for free.

This reinsurance is a scam.....They don't send phones back to the manufacturer? Considering the volume they go through, I can't believe there isn't an agreement between them, and if there isn't, then the managers of the company are incompetent.

Either way, I looked on eBay and found the same phone for $90. So....that will be my insurance from now on. These phone insurers are nothing but a scam!!! They can easily be replaced by the consumer buying a spare phone for less then the deductible they charge.

Review about: Esecuritel Cell Phone Insurance.

Had an Experience with Esecuritel?

Comments